Friday, May 10, 2013

Environment Concept Design: The Sewers

Continuing from where I left off about a week ago, I'm gonna be talking environments.  Admittedly, this is working a little differently than I'd like, as concept art needs regarding environments shift depending on the panel with this medium (A fancy way of saying I'm quite sure what I need and I'm making up as much  as I can as I go).  That said, the tighter your pre-production, the easier it is when you actually start working. So, here we go!


Ahh.. the eponymous sewers.  I have to admit, I am free-styling it a bit with the sewers. At first I was really worried that I would be deviating a lot from reality, but luckily I was able to find a ton of reference (which I'd post if it weren't for copyright and all that jazz).  In the bottom sketch, you can see the giant hole caused by Hobo Joe.  Initially, I had the street intact, but then I realized that Joe was way too big for any manhole and so I had a more fitting idea.  Next time, we're going a little deeper!

No comments:

Post a Comment