Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Dilemma

Soo...
I was thinking about things to upload for today's post when I ran into a dilemma (hence the title of the post). The things I was considering posting for today were my pre-visualization/color script boards.  They basically help me come up with the general gist of the story, as well figure out who the colors are going to work from scene to scene.

Just one problem.

They give away the story.

You can see how this could/would be a problem.

This actually leads into a greater problem I'm currently having: I'm at a stage where I simply can't show the things I'm working on.  Currently, I'm at a stage where I'm working out the script, ironing out storyboards/pages, and generally getting things ready so I can start animating/illustrating over the summer.  All of these are things I can't show publicly without spoiling what you came here to watch.

That doesn't mean that this blog is done, by any means.  There are a few posts I can make regarding process, similar to the poster post (seen here), as well other assets needed to make this dream of mine a reality.  And once the all the pre-production is done, I want to start Livestream-ing my process of drawing, illustrating, and animating my comic, so you guys can see my process, and I can analyze it and make it better! How's that?

As for the short term, well, I'm not entirely sure. I hate to ask this, but I'm going to need you guys to give me a week. Both to think about where to go next with this blog until the livestream-ing starts, and what to do in the short term should I decide not to take an immediate break.

In the mean time, if you have questions, leave a comment!  If its about characters, the nature of the project, or process of creation, I'll answer as best I can (or be as amusing as possible).

Thanks! And I'll see everyone in a week!


No comments:

Post a Comment